The cancer struggle is real. Sometimes you just have to laugh about it. Here are my Top 11 Struggles. Sound familiar?
Struggle #1. Being Cold Constantly
2. Having More hot flashes than a menopausal woman
3. Those quality hours spent with the toilet
4. the “Line-flushing-mouth-taste”
5. But then the steroids kick in…
6. When I hear, “I’ve Always wanted to shave my head!”
7. Getting that IV dose of Benadryl
8. When Someone says, “I’ve had the flu, I totally know how you feel.”
9. My nurse when i abuse the call button
10. When my counts are low, and someone goes in for a hug
11. And finally… When I finish my favorite netflix series
Tyman Weiler co-wrote this piece with young-adult leukemia survivor, Madeleine Martineau. They’re hilarious. They’re cool. And you can follow them on the (free) Spero for Cancer App! You’re so lucky.